LANTRA HIGHWAY SECTOR SCHEME - 12D T5 (M5) - Multi-phase Traffic Signals
This 1-day course covers the requirements for installation, maintenance and removal of multi-phase traffic signals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Registered Traffic Management Operatives (RTMO) needing to be qualified for the use of multi-phase traffic signals.
Learners must have attended 12D T1, passed M1, and attended and passed T2 before attending the T5 training day. Before undertaking the M5 assessments learners must have successfully completed their M2 assessments.
To provide learners with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to install, operate, maintain and dismantle multi-phase traffic signals.
On completion of this course learners will:-
- Be aware of sector schemes
- Be aware of health and safety work
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements
- Be aware of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Identify the equipment required in temporary traffic management
- Understand the requirements for multi-phase traffic signals
- Understand how to operate multi-phase traffic signals
- Quality assurance
- Sector schemes
- Health & safety at work
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Health & safety executive
- Multi-phase systems
- Installation and Commissioning of the system
- Site Maintenance
- End of Course Test
FULL AWARD ASSESSMENT
Following completion of the 12D T5 training course learners will obtain full operative status (Award M5) by completing one site-based assessment. The assessment must be completed within a two year period starting from the date of passing the training.
- 1x on-site live assessment*
* Subject to all criteria being satisfactorily met